Monday 2 March 2015

Patient heart...

Today I read 2 Peter chapter 3. In this chapter Peter warns us once again of what is going to happen. He explains that God is patient and doesn't want anyone to perish.
God showed me how he is not just patient, but he loves us so much that the reason for his patience is that love.
The verse that kept recurring in my mind was from 1 Corinthians 13 which says, 'Love is patient, love is kind, it does not boast, it is not proud.'
Imagine the creator of the universe loving us so much that he chooses to be patient with us. 
The great news about this is that God loves everyone, even those who don't believe in him. He loves those that do bad things, he loves those who say he's not real and he loves me.
Over the last few months at church we've be thinking about having a heart that beats in sync with God's. If we are going to have God's heartbeat then we need to be patient too. That is quite a challenge. I know that I am not the most patient of people. I pray that my heart beats so in sync with God's that I too become loving enough to be patient - because after all - love is patient!

No comments:

Post a Comment