Sunday 1 March 2015

Hope...

Today I read 2 Peter 2. In this chapter Peter warns us of what happens to those who disobey God. This is not an easy chapter to read. It speaks of fallen angels, the punished cities of Sodom and Gomoraah as well as those who suffered in the flood.
There is good news though as all day God has been showing me in various ways that I have a hope in him that is unbreakable. 
This morning at Kids Worship we were talking about hope, this evening during the evening service we were thinking about the different words that describe Jesus, and he is my hope jumped out at me from the list of names.
So what does this mean for me? It means that no matter what is going on around me, I have hope. It means that no matter how I feel, I have hope. It means that no matter whether I am happy or sad - I have hope. The hymn that keeps recurring in my head is this, 'my hope is built on nothing less, than Jesus love and righteousness.'
If you are reading this today and feel hopeless - turn to Jesus the one who is hope. He restores all hope to our lives, in any situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment