Thursday 12 March 2015

Relationship not religion!

Today I read James 1. In this chapter James gives really good advice to anyone wanting to follow Jesus -to be careful what we say, or in others words...keep your mouth in check.
Very often the first contact that people have with us is through speech. When we talk do we speak in a godly manner or are we speaking in religious jargon stopping others from understanding? Do we speak in judgement or are we a voice of love?
While thinking about this I felt God speak to me very clearly about what it means to follow Jesus. 
God showed me some words:
MY LOVE FOR JESUS IS NOT A RELIGION, IT IS A RELATIONSHIP! 
If this is the case, then I should show that love to others not only in my actions, but with the words that come from my lips.
If we are to act on James' advice, we need to make sure that following Jesus is about him being our Saviour and not just about visiting a building once a week as a religious tradition. Following Jesus is not a religion - it is a relationship.    


No comments:

Post a Comment