Saturday 28 February 2015

Listen up...

Today's reading was 2 Peter 1. In this chapter Peter encourages us. In verse 19 he writes, We also have the prophetic message as something completely reliable, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in the dark.
After reading this verse God gave me a clear picture of someone listening upwards. Then the words, 'listen up!' came to mind. 
Over the last few months I have been asking God for pictures each day, and writing about some of them. This is such a privilege, but if I'm bot going to do anything with them then I am missing the point. I need to pay attention not just to the picture but to what the pictures mean to me. What is God saying to me? What does he want me to take notice of? I need to pay attention and then shine my light.
What is God saying to you today? When was the last time you heard his voice? Maybe you might be reading this and answering that God doesn't speak to you...well I have news for you - HE DOES, YOU ARE JUST NOT LISTENING! YOU ARE NOT PAYING ATTENTION!
Why not spend some time just listening to what the Spirit of God wants to say. He will speak, you just need to pay attention. 

No comments:

Post a Comment