Tuesday 10 February 2015

Call my name...

Today I read Ephesians 3. In verse 15 it says this, ...from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name.' This is an amazing picture of God knowing us all by name. 
The picture that God gave me was of names being spoken out in the breeze. I believe God was showing me that not only does he know us all by name, but that he speaks out our names constantly, calling us to himself.
What an awesome thought - God speaks my name out, calling me closer to him. He whispers my name on the breeze asking me to hear his voice. 
This reminds me of the story of Samuel - God called him, but he didn't know his voice. In contrast, Jesus speaks of the Good Shepherd - all of his sheep know his voice.
Do I recognise the voice of God in my life? Can I hear him calling my name? What about you? Do you know the sound of God's voice in your life? I don't know about you, but I want to hear God's voice and seek his ways for my life. Please God speak to me and give me ears to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment