Friday 20 February 2015

Cwtch, hug, cuddle...

Today I read James chapter 3. In this chapter James warns us to watch what we say. He reminds us that our tongues are powerful weapons, dealing out love and hate from the same place. 
As I reflected on this passage and asked God what he wanted to show me today I felt such a peace. I felt as though I was having a heavenly cwtch, or for those that are not Welsh, a heavenly hug. 
God reminded me that sometimes we need to focus on him and not worry about anything else. Sometimes we just need to spend time with our heavenly dad and know that he loves us so much that he just wants to spend time with us too. 
When you sit and spend time with God it changes your outlook on the day. 
This reminds me of the story of Mary and Martha. Martha was running around like an idiot, while Mary sat at Jesus' feet. Martha wanted Jesus to rebuke Mary for not helping out, but instead Mary was congratulated for doing the right thing. 
Do we spend enough time sitting at our Fathers feet? Do we spend time with our Saviour? Or are we so busy 'working for' God that we miss the point? 
When we spend time with our Heavenly Father - we only want to worship him, therefore when we worship him we are too busy using our tongues in a positive manner to use them for anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment