Wednesday 18 February 2015

Pollution

Today while reading James 1, I felt the Lord give me a picture of pollution. It was of smoke clouding my vision. In this first chapter James writes, 'therefore get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is to prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.'    
When you look up the word pollution it means this: the introduction of something harmful. When I think of pollution I think of smoke in the air, or the smell of something rotting.

As a Christian God wants me to stay away from anything that would pollute my relationship with him. This made me think about what starts today - Lent. So often many people during the time of lent give something up, chocolate, crisps, cake, sugar...etc. Lent is meant to be a time to get closer to God, and not just lower our calorie intake until Easter. 
When thinking about the picture of pollution, it makes me realise that I need to use my time to get closer to God, and to make sure that I don't pollute my life with things that are could take me away from God. What pollutes your life? What takes your eyes off God? Maybe this next few weeks of Lent could be the time to think about this and instead of getting rid of the calories for no reason, get rid of the pollution that separates you from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment