Wednesday 11 February 2015

Linked together in God!

I know I'm a little late with this post, but better late than never. Anyway, I read Ephesians 4 today. In this chapter, there is much about being united together. As Christians we are meant to be united in Christ. We all serve the same God, and therefore no matter what denomination - we are one in Christ.
God showed me a picture of two hands linked via the fingers. This reminded me of an episode of Friends where Pheobe uses her fingers joined together to explain to the others that lobsters mate for life. She uses this picture to show how they would hold claws. 
Anyway this got me thinking about us as Christians. It's not easy to hold someone's finger like in my picture, just like its not always easy to behave in a Christian manner towards one another - especially if there is a difference of opinion. However, Christ died for all - and we are all one in Christ. Therefore we must forget our differences and be united in Christ, even when it's difficult. Christ reminds us that, "By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another" - John 13:35

No comments:

Post a Comment